BME/BIO 210: Application and Analysis of (Biological) Microarrays
Spring Quarter, 2007
Journal Club Questions
Please be prepared to discuss these specific points in journal club
- Biological motivation?
- Experimental design
- How were
cells grown, what genetic background(s)?
- Choice of
- How many
biological / technical replicates?
- Array technology used – was this the best available
- Are there
better technologies today?
- Experimental Pitfalls
- What could
cause misleading or artifactual expression
- Computational Analyses
- How were
results filtered / grouped / organized
to establish relationships or networks?
- Summary of novel results / major findings
- Any new technologies / methods developed?
- Alternative Methods for Verification of major findings
- What are the major forms of data presentation? Are these
effective for illustrating complex / large data sets?
- What kinds of follow-up experiments were done?
- Can you think of other follow-up experiments, either using
microarrays, traditional molecular
biology, or computational analyses?
Back to microarray course homepage