UCSC BME 200 Fall 2008

2nd LaTeX assignment

Due 18 Nov 2008.
(Last Update: 17:49 PST 4 November 2008 )
For this assignment, I will not be giving you an example to copy. Insead, I'll give you some specifications:

Create a 1- to 2-page paper on any bioinformatics topic. Find at least 5 papers relevant to the topic, at least one of which comes from conference proceedings rather than a journal, and cite them appropriately in the article.

Include at least one figure in the article. You may create the figure using xfig, gnuplot, rasmol, R, or any other appropriate tool (I don't want you just copying the figure from the web). Use the epsfig package (or other appropriate package) to include the figure in the paper. Remember to provide a decent caption and to refer to the figure in the body of your paper.

Note: although this is mainly a LaTeX/BibTeX assignment, I will be reading the papers, so make them meaningful. If you have no ideas for a paper, think up some research topic you might be interested in pursuing for a lab rotation or an MS or PhD thesis. Look up a little backgound on the topic and find a few relevant papers that you ought to read before starting on the research.

slug icon to go to Scool of Engineering home page
SoE home
sketch of Kevin Karplus by Abe
Kevin Karplus's home page
Todd Lowe
Todd Lowe's home page
BME-slug-icon
BS, MS, and PhD programs
BME 200 home page Karplus's lab page Lowe's lab page UCSC Bioinformatics research

Questions about page content should be directed to

Kevin Karplus
Biomolecular Engineering
University of California, Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
USA
karplus@soe.ucsc.edu
1-831-459-4250
318 Physical Sciences Building