List of master xerox copies available for class
I'll list articles I want you to read here.
Below are last year's articles. I'll be using some but not all of these.
(More will be added later.)
- Campbell chapter on the central dogma and chapter on "tour of the cell"
- Chapter 22, "Nuclear splicing," Genes VII, Benjamin Lewin, 2000.
- "Detecting Subtle Sequence Signals: A Gibbs Sampling Strategy for
Multiple Alignment," C.E. Lawrence, S.F. Altschul, M.S. Boguski, J.S.
Liu, A.F. Neuwalk, J.C. Wootton. Science, New Series, 262(5131):208-214
[Pdf version, courtesy of JSTOR].
- "Analysis of canonical and non-canonical splice sites in mammalian
genomes," M. Burset, I.A. Seledtsov, V.V. Solovyev. Nucleic Acids
Research, 28(21): 4364-4375 (2000), [Pdf
version, courtesy of UCSC subscription].
- "Hidden Neural Networks," A. Krogh, S. Riis. Neural
Computation, 11: 541-563 (1999), [Pdf
- "A survey of hybrid ANN/HMM models for automatic speech
recognition," E. Trentin, M. Gori. Neurocomputing. [Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers, v. : ill. ; 27 cm, 37: 91-126
(2001), available from UCSC S & E Library, OA76.87.N487].
- "Hybrid HMM/ANN Systems for Speech Recognition: Overview and New
Research Directions," H. Bourlard, N. Morgan. Adaptive Processing of
Sequences and Data Structures, Volume 1387 of Lecture Notes in
Artificial Intelligence, 389-417 (1998), [Pdf version courtesy of Cite Seer].
- "Toward the Border Between Neural and Markovian Paradigms," P.
Wilinski, B. Solaiman, A. Hillion, W. Czarnecki. IEEE Transactions on
Systems, Man, and Cybernetics [B] 28(2): 146-159, (1998), [Pdf
version, courtesy of UCSC Subscription].
Questions regarding about page content should be directed to
Last modified March 19, 2001.
Back to the CMP 244 Class Page.