Making plain HTML files on a Macintosh
Here are three suggestions given to me by friends at Apple for getting your Mac to save a plain text HTML file:
- Save file as index.txt. Manually rename to index.html.
- Go into Texedit's Preferences, in the Open and Save section.
- There is a preference there saying "When opening a file: Ignore rich text commands in HTML files."
- Check this preference.Then, when writing the HTML doc, choose from the Format Menu "Make Plain Text".
- Download a free program called TextWrangler.