AMS 3 - Fall 2009
Index of Class resources
News and announcements
- Total class grade and letter grades will be posted tomorrow (Thursday)
- The grades for the final have been posted. By decision with the TAs, the lower cutoff grade on the final to pass the class was decided to be 45/100. Anyone with a grade lower than 45/100 on the Final will get a D for the class, regardless of their performance in the class otherwise. Please feel free to come and see me tomorrow and Friday if you want to discuss your grade and/or see your exam.
- The answers to the final have been posted.
- The attendance has now been added to your estimated grade. This will have increased it by either 5 points (10% or less missed classes or sections) or 2.5 points (10-20% missed) or 0 points (more than 20% missed)
- An estimated "Class Grade" will be posted over the weekend. This grade assumes that your final grade is the same as your midterm grade. Given this assumption, the posted estimated grade is a MINIMUM grade, in the sense that it only substract the lowest quiz and HW grades, and not the lowest two as promised. Your real grade will have the two lowest grades dropped.
- REVIEW: A final review, for those interested, will be held in BE 152 (usual classroom) on Sunday from 2pm onwards. I'll try to stay until there are no more questions, within reason...
- All answers to all HW, QZ, and practice final are now online. Please let me know if you cannot access them.
- Please make sure you check your grades on WebCT
- Practice final now online in exams page. Start as soon as possible. The real final will look very much like this
- As a result of the server problem this weekend, Homework 8 will be due Wednesday
- Review checklist for the final is now online in the Lectures page (THANKSGIVING LINK)
- MSI tutoring hours have been posted. See below for detail.
- We will be using WebCT for grades management. After the first day of class, please go to WebCT and register if you are not in the system yet.
General Class Information
- Lecture times:
- Monday-Wednesday-Friday, Baskin 152 8:00 AM - 9:10 AM
- Section times:
- A: MW
7:00PM-8:10PM N. Sci. Annex 102
12:30AM-1:40PM J Baskin Engr 372 with
6:00PM-7:10PM J Baskin Engr
- Name: Pascale Garaud
(pgaraud at ams dot ucsc dot
- Phone: 9-1055
- Office: Baskin Engineering room 131
- Instructor Office Hours:
- Tuesdays 11:00-12:00 AM and Fridays 11:00-12:00 AM in BE 137
- Teaching Assistants:
- Name: John Guenther (jguenthe at soe dot ucsc dot edu)
- Office Hours: Tuesday 4-5pm, BE 137. Thursday, 12:15-1:15pm Jack's Lounge (Baskin Engineering White Boards)
- Name: Katelyn White (karwhite at soe dot ucsc dot edu)
- Office Hours: Wednesday 2-3pm, BE 137. :
Extra tutoring: if you
need additional tutoring, please read.
- MSI tutoring with Christian Whiting
- Thursdays, 4:15 - 5:30PM, Social Sciences II 363
- Fridays, 2:00 - 3:15PM, Social Sciences II 137
- Sundays, 7:00 - 8:15PM, ARCenter 221
- remember that all TAs and the instructor are available to
help you during office hours (you are welcome to attend office hours of
any of the TAs, not just your own). If you cannot make any of the
office hours, please contact the instructor by email and arrange to
meet at another time.
- the department will provide additional tutors for you if
needed. Please let the instructor know if you need extra tutoring.